We got engaged in Maui!

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Well, we went to Hawaii for Tyson's best friend's wedding. It was in Maui, and it was lovely! It was just the 4 of us, at sunset on a tiny little beach near Wailea. So romantic! After the sunset ceremony, we went to Ruth's Chris Steak house for dinner. YUM!

The next day, Tyson & I were
going back to Oahu to see his family, and visit some of our favorite beaches there. In the morning, after brunch, we had a little time, so we went down to the beach to splash around some. Well, Lance was filming me, and so I was distracted by the camera, and I didn't even notice that Tyson was kneeling in front of me! He asked me to marry him, and presented me with the most perfect ring I have ever seen! Of course I said yes!

We didn't take many photos this trip, but there will eventually be video and a few shots of the proposal (when ever Lance gets them edited). In the mean time, below is a picture of the ring :)And the view from our hotel room in Honolulu (traditional feet pic)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Let me be the first to comment on this exciting post and say CONGRATULATIONS! We are so happy for you guys, that you found each other and are getting married. Marriage is so great. Congrats!

Baker said...

Yay!! This confirms Tyson as awesome! I can't wait!